Click on the illustration to learn more about how gaps in your
coverage can affect your investments.
- Compare coverage's - Price is important but
you get what you pay for.
- Deal with financially sound and stable insurance
- The best kind of life insurance is the kind
that is in force when you die.
- If a claim occurs, you are obligated to do everything
you can to prevent further damage.
- Contact police when involved in accidents to
make a report.
- On your policy, schedule for all-risk coverage
on jewelry, guns, furs and cameras.
- Have new drivers meet us for "Lessons in
- At age 18, title vehicle to driver and have
them obtain their own policy.
- Items with titles need their own policy.
- Vehicles over 15 years old require appraisals
and photos if full coverage is requested.
- Carry high liability limits - Insurance pays
- Use higher deductibles to lower premiums (Purpose
of insurance to cover large claims).
- Insuring your home and autos with the same carrier
usually saves you money.
- review your home insurance policies with your
agent at least every couple years.
- Umbrella policies - Offer excess Liability coverage.
- Notify your agent of major life changes such
as: New baby, Death, New Driver - added exposure, New Career,
Mortgage change, Addition to home, Finished basement or attic,
New RV's, boats or snowmobiles.
- Notify your agent in the event of a claim
- Save money on taxes, buy an IRA.
- Complete your will
- Videotape your contents